Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Saturday, March 24, 2007

it ends tonight, it ends tonight...

yeah, i wish.

but yes, my honours year is ending. hurrah!!!!

although there is this incredible sense of elation as i am working on my thesis...

---

i'm so going to bind it and show ALL OF YOU, MY FRIENDS!! coz it's gonna look damn pro - and you all un-sciencey people are going to think it's so nerdy and intimidating and impressive... unlike my examiners, hahaha.

i'm sure i will need healing and counselling after it goes through my examiners, *sigh*

---

... i'm really sad at the same time, because after this week, my fantastic lab environment is fast disappearing into thin air.

nooooooooooooooo!!!

as i am typing out my acknowledgements, i keep smiling to myself, coz binbin is right (for once) - one day, i will look back, and laugh at my incredibly stressful honours year, but only because i knew i was working with an incredible group of people.


so, this is my unofficial acknowledgements page of lurve.


mama geok - the mother hen of the lab, taking us in hand, scolding KC everytime when he says 'aiyah, not my money anyway!!', and sayang-ing us when experiments bomb. also the budget supervisor. much love!!! <3

mr rama provides the Rama-Strength. he's like, what, older than my dad??? and bloody strong can??!?!?! everytime he tightens something, it takes 3 boys to do it. so far, alvin and hanbin have upped their level to 2 because they managed to open something. but mr rama is at like, level 100 or something.

it's so unsettling because he's looks really unassuming with his plastic specs and reads newspapers with his cuppa. where the heck does he work out???

maybe he bench-presses his wife.

i will laugh when i remember angeline (honours), the overstressed girl that bleats like a goat when her experiments go awry/made a mis-calculation and made rubbish a really expensive chemical/she just felt like bleating.

she is so funny. and crazy.

then i will also laugh at Hon (honours) because he's such a holy boy (he reminds me of david tan. it's his voice and mannerisms... uncanny!!) and yet i've seen him flash his undies at me TOO MANY TIMES.

GAHHH!!! MY EYES!!!!!11!!!!

and he has yet to pee into his massive culture flask of malaria. we'll see if apoptosis (cell death) occurs.

and of course, there's KC (honours) who makes it so easy for us to flare up at him when he made angeline cry/broke the pH meter and centrifuge cap and inconvenienced ALL OF US because we had to troop to level 3 to do our work/made the lab bench an absolute mess/flooded the autoclave machine... my goodness, the list is endless. -_-"'

but somehow, sometimes he just makes me laugh because his antics are so extreme and makes no sense. it also makes no sense how i'm just not mad at him!

oh yes, and he's like, the first-class honours student that has no lab etiquette whatsoever. but i forgive him because he's treating us to rice table. :p

and yes... *drumroll*...

BINBIN!!!

the gaylord!!!

i've finally said it on my blog HAHAHAHAHAHA. your reputation is ruined.

thanks for allowing me to make sooooo many jibes at your being a pansy, but no thanks to you turning all ah gua and calling alvin your boyfriend (i can hear alvin's anguished 'nooooo' right now).

and no thanks! for flicking my forehead and calling me the deathstar!! *throttles your neck*

and laughing at me when i almost used the wrong side of the parafilm!!! not funny!!!

oh his name is actually hanbin and he's the useless masters student who is learning the ropes from alvin and i instead of the other way around.

useless!!

but it's been fun taking jibes at your non-existent love life and calling you 'BINBIN!!' in front of your students (he is a teaching assistant in our practical module) was a PLUS.

ok, no more thanks.

now for apologies.

i'm really sorry, my dearest lab partner alvin (simon, theodore! i'm sorry, i had to sing it; it makes me laugh), for being such an outright bitch sometimes, especially through our late nights, not realizing you're just as tired as i am and making you do all the work as i nap in the room. you covered me up in your sleeping bag too!!

T_T

and sorry for making you work even though the past few days you were down with a very bad case of the cold (not flu right? coz you didn't have a fever). serves me right for having caught the bug from you.

i'm also sorry for the frequent accusing look of 'why didn't you start earlier' and the occasional ranting at you, and my 'give-up' attitude all the time.

sigh. thanks for holding me up and pulling me through. *huggle*

---

all this, summarized professionally into one page, looks like this:

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I would first like to express my heartfelt gratitude to my supervisor, Dr Kevin Tan, in giving me direction, opportunities and for his generous patience with me in support of my project. Without him, the project would not have come to fruition.

Next, I would like to say thanks to the lab officers, Mdm Geok Choo and Mr Rama, because without them, it would not have been possible to sustain and complete this investigation.

And of course, utmost thanks to Alvin, Han Bin, Yin Jing, Angeline, Jun Hong and Kee Chung for providing laughter and joy throughout my research.

And last but not least, thanks to my family and friends as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home