Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

birthday outing #1

i finally, FINALLY met up with the NUS bunch. my gosh, i missed hanging out with them! jo, ann, ser, greg and brose made it down to chinatown!

they were so sweet to me, coz they said the haircut was alright. i feel abit better about it now. :)

we had dinner at sushi tei (*YUM*SLOBBER*) before heading down to this place called Family Karaoke. eh, $10 bucks per pax for 5 hours. pretty good deal man.

except that their popular english songs selection had much to be desired. and oddly, as greg noted, they DID have an extensive selection of indie artists. which was altogether quite funny to both of us as we noobs huddled at a corner, struggling to master the remote control.

as usual, we all laughed loudly, spoke loudly, and sang REALLY loudly, especially when The Boyfriend arrived. woah, he's his own loudhailer man.

---

oh, before we left for sushi tei, jobyna was all excited about me and The Boyfriend getting together (yeah i forgot to tell her, so her glee was rather belated). then she pondered awhile before saying, 'oh no. you're so loud, and alvin's even louder... both of you are gonna be damn noisy together.' :O

wah, thanks ah.

ok i give up, i'm just gonna say alvin from now on, and not call him The Bf coz it's too long to type.

---

amazingly, my voice was quite alright last night, and it held through Adia, Ye Zi and Xie Yi Shou Ge, but when i hit toni braxton... er, i tried to be sultry which kinda worked in the beginnning, but being the clown that i am, the song quickly went downhill to drama-mama style. i was totally into the lovelorn 'I WANNA BE YOUR SPANISH GUITARRRRR' mode. heh, great fun for me, but everyone else was quite -_-.

however, they tolerated me and refrained from pressing the 'eject' button... i think it was because of my birthday. heh.

---

ooh, -_-. <--- looks like a 'diao' face with a mole. heeheehee.

---

we sang from 8:30pm to 12am... and they kinda didn't come in and stop us, so i guess we might've continued if greg hadn't put his foot down and said, 'ENOUGH!!' coz everyone else had work the next day.

and so, that sums up birthday outing #1!

#2 is coming riiiiiight up: cycling at east coast! yes, we are trying again!! if i don't post, it might mean i fell off my bike because alvin didn't wanna tandem-cycle with me, and i broke my wrist, fingers etc. he's very adamant i should cycle on my own.

nuts. *pout*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home