Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Friday, July 06, 2007

too much excitement is not good for me

yesterday was both traumatic and adrenaline pumping.

---


trauma #1:

i was riding the up-escalator to the simei platform when i friggin' dropped one of my earrings unto the escalator. it was part of the pair of earrings alvin bought for me while we were in bangkok. the pair he bought to replace the
other pair of diamonds studs i'd lost in phuket.

i freaked out big time.

'oh no oh no oh no where is it, where is it??!?!'

i found it, but it wasn't the end. it was so small, it fell into the space in between the escalator's teeth. my fingers wouldn't be able to pry it out, so i quickly tried using a piece of cloth to stuff in between the teeth to attempt to slide my earring out.

it was a hopeless cause. i barely started sliding my earring out, when the escalator hit the top and leveled.

i just stood there and watched my beloved earring get sucked into the machinery. T_T

the rest of the morning was spent on the train tearing and being really upset. my hands couldn't stop shaking from all the panic.

once i reached buona vista, however, i regained some of my composure and went to the control station to ask the lady for help. she was so very nice... so i described to her the situation, where the earring was and how it looked like.

then i prayed really hard on the way to my first day at work. *sigh*


very quickly, by 11am, i got my first call. bad news, they didn't find my earring.

good news? it was the wrong mrt station. the guy was calling from tampines! apparently the maintenance crew peered through every nook and cranny before they gave up. although it was the wrong station, and i told the guy so, he didn't make any 'omg why are u so troublesome' remarks, but just laughed and told me he'll call simei mrt on my behalf. he asked me for more details, then we hung up.

by 345pm, i got my next call. it was simei mrt station control.

thank God, they found it.

it was incredible, and i am so very, very grateful for all the effort they put in. T_T

here it is:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

---

adrenaline #1:

getting harry potter tickets. rushed all the way to the picturehouse to ensure seats on opening day for my girls and i. plus alvin we made 5, so it was an odd number, hence hanbin decided to come along. wahahahahahaha, can't wait can't wait. but the timings really suck. 945pm. *rolls eyes* we'll end at like what, 12am??

thank goodness i don't have to work the next day. wheeee.

---

trauma #2:

having the unagi omelette at kyoto sabo ajitei. it was so bloody fishy, it was like eating unfresh raw fish at a wet market. worst experience EVER.

and i didn't even have the sense of mind to get a new plate from the kitchen.

---

adrenaline #2:

now this one is for the girls.

after the horrendous meal, i began to slowly lose my voice and became all sian-sian, as if i was looking abit unwell.

alvin got abit worried, and dragged me around bugis to find robitussin's cough drops. we finally reached watsons, and made it out by 945pm, when all the shops in bugis were closing or already closed... except this one shop.

heh, alvin was already going downwards on the escalator while my eyes were squinting and fixated on that one shop. i knew i had to go there.

characteristics: clothes bin teeming with clothes + a crowd of women + OUTFITTER GIRLS

this equals to HUGE-ASS SALE, LADIES~!!

i perked up immediately. alvin looked abit sianded ('ugh walk so long still not enough ah *sigh*), but i think he had quite some fun digging out correct sizes for me, especially when i'd give him a 'omg you're totally my hero' look after every piece found. hahaha.

(i LOVE shopping with him! he takes my bags, gives me advice like, 'it looks cheap/too expensive/not flattering etc' and sometimes funds my purchases. heehee. he's great.)

alrighty, after 45 minutes, i left Outfitter Girls $47 poorer. this is what i bought (not on impulse ok!):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

original price: $28
bought for: $12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

original price: $40+? $50+? $60+? don't know, no price tag!
bought for: $15

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

original price: $59
bought for: $15

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(this is a cream-coloured wallet)

original price: $26
bought for: $5

fantastic, absolutely fantastic. *beam*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home