Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Friday, August 11, 2006

priceless call(s) in CORS this sem

unknown girl: hello? erm, is there something wrong with CORS?

me: (mildly irritated coz i get like that whenever anyone starts with that opening line) no. what's wrong.

unknown girl: oh i bid for this module, and i was the only person bidding for it... but i got an email saying i was outbidded.

me (in my mind): well, DUH, someone must have sniped you. but ok la, you quite poor thing.

(out loud): well, what module was it? (PL3248) *checks the bidding history* oh, i see here that there were 2 bidders. and the other bidder bid 200 points.

unknown girl: huh?? can't be!! i monitored until 4:50+!! (the CORS round closes at 5pm)

me: yeah but some person must have gotten in really late and bid more than you.

unknown girl: oh... *dejected*

me: eh! but it's still available now what. there's still one vacancy right?

unknown girl: yeah. i'm bidding for it. *still dejected*

me: are you the only bidder?

unknown girl: yeah.

me (in my mind): THEN WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT, gahhhhhh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2 hours later)

unknown boy: er hello? i'd like to ask, is there something wrong with CORS?

me: NO!!! what's wrong.

unknown boy: er, i bid for this module ah, and then i put 200 points. but the lowest bid was 1 right? so i should get 199 points back right?

me: can you give me the module code

unknown boy: PL3248

me: *gasps* eh!! you bid for this module very late right??

unknown boy: ya. a few minutes before it ended.

me: *gasps more* HAHAHAHA! i just talked to the girl you outbid! she's not very happy! hahaha!!

unknown boy: *sheepish* oh is it...

me: ya. so anyway, deduct 200 points correct what, since you're the LOWEST SUCCESSFUL BID.

(cuts out the part explaining to him why in a vacancy of 1, whatever his bid is, is considered as the lowest successful bid.)

unknown boy has a revelation: OHHHHHH ok i understand now. er, it was a girl ah?

me: haha, yeah but don't worry coz the module has one more vacancy and she's bidding for it now.

unknown boy: oh ok, heheh, that's good... !!! she doesn't know it's me right? no names right???

me: *drily* why, you scared you meet her in class ah.

unknown boy: hur hur, no la ha-ha. *uncomfortable*

me: haha, ok so is that all?

unknown boy: yep. thanks ah. oh ya, er, don't say ahhhh... SHHHHHH...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

when school starts for PL3248, i can so imagine a nervous guy checking out all the girls and wondering who he pissed off, and a girl going around all pissed off with that same guy.

but they'll never know who it was! i hope. hahahahaha... best way to end off CORS!!

that's all from the CORS girl! back to being Honours girl again. heeh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home