Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

slog!

(it stands for song blog)

wheee~

well, we all don't have to wait for a meme to be tagged to us in order to have some musical fun. SO! here goes the first line(s) from 40 of my songs (plucked out at random) and you can have fun guessing which songs they are... and who sang it! (there are no repeat artistes this time)

as usual, no cheating (e.g. checking the net)
---

1. She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene, I said don't mind, but what do you mean I am the one
2. Rain, rain on my face/ It hasn't stopped raining for days
3. It could be ten, but then again, I can't remember half an hour since a quarter to four/ Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and leave me with my jaw on the floor
4. She was like nothing I'd ever known/ Her eyes shine like diamonds in a field of snow
5. Look, pump it up if you came to get it krunk/ With a dame and sh*t that's drunk
6. I can't remember the last time that we kissed goodbye...
7. I don't need a lot of things, I can get by with nothing/ Of all the blessings life can bring, I've always needed something
8. Baby if you give it to me/ I'll give it to you
9. When I move you move (Just like that?)
10. It is not a human right/ To stare not fight/ While broken nations dream
11. (Why don't we...) Play somethin' these hoes'll like/ Drive whips i know they like/ Twista you told 'em right...
12. When I'm walking down the street I call your name/ Inside my head I go insane/ Don't you know that it's really making me crazy
13. He said 'Hi, my name is so and so/ Baby can you tell me yours?/ You look like you came to do/ One thing (Set it off)'
14. Uh huh, this my sh*t/ All the girls stomp your feet like this
15. Wouldn't it be nice if we were older/ Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
16. (let's go!)/ There's nothing better...
17. How the hell did we wind up like this/ Why weren't we able/ To see the signs that we missed/ And try to turn the tables
18. Round, round baby round, round/ Spend the night on me
19. Wise men say
20. When your only friends are hotel rooms/ Hands are distant lullabies
21. Every time I think of you/ I get a shot right through into a bolt of bluee
22. I have, I have you breathing down my neck, breathing down my neck
23. And I'd give up forever to touch you
24. I was thinking the other day/ What if cartoons got saved?
25. 6 am day after christmas
26. Shut up/ Just shut up/ Shut up
27. That's the start, the middle, and the end/ Aren't you glad the universe pretends
28. I thought that you'd be loving me/ I thought you were the one who'd stay forever
29. Baby, I'm so into you/ You got that somethin', what can I do
30. I am an arms dealer
31. Everybody, move your feet/ and feel united, ohhhh
32. I haven't slept at all in days/ It's been so long since we've talked
33. Take a look at my girlfriend/ She's the only one I got (ba ba da da)
34. If I had to/ I would put myself right beside you/ So let me ask/ Would you like that?
35
. Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes and I am taken to a place where your crystal minds and magenta feelings take up shelter in the base of my spine sweet like a chica cherry cola (i am SURE this is a whole line.)
36. Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking/ When you fall everyone sins
37. Fear and panic in the air/ I want to be free/ From desolation and despair

38. Don't be so quick to walk away/
Dance with me
39. Don't stray/ Don't ever go away
40. Didn't hear a tone, are you, hello/ I never hear a tone, I guess you know

yay!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:24:00 PM, Blogger direcow said…

    2) Jars of Clay - Flood
    16) Planetshakers - Always and Forever
    19) UB40 - fools rush in
    20) Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn
    21) Frente - Bizarre Love Triangle
    23) Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
    24) Cartoon Song
    25) Ben Folds Five - Brick
    32) The Corrs - What Can I do
    33) Gym Class Heroes - Cupid's Chokehold
    35) Savage Garden - I want You
    39) Bic Runga - Sway

     
  • At Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    waiting for u tube to d/l..rotting...let me guess...
    8)Baby if you give it to me - Mariah Carey
    14)Holler back girl - Gwen Stafani
    18)Round round - Sugerbabes
    26)Shutup- Black eye pea
    29)Crazy-britney
    ...................................

     
  • At Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:13:00 PM, Blogger feline said…

    hey babe your title for #8 is wrong! hahahaha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home