Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

saying a special kind of grace

i was bathing while my family prepared for our reunion dinner (it's early coz my dad has to work the night shift tomorrow) when i suddenly got a prompting: "say grace for your family and pray for them before you start your reunion dinner."

following that, i heard china chinking against each other and i thought, 'CRAP THEY'RE STARTINGGG!' so i started to pray fervently that they hadn't started eating yet, and even yanked out a bunch of hair in my haste.

-sadness-

i pretty much ran out of my bathroom and HALLELUJAH! they were waiting for meeee, although my dad was complaining that he was going to die of hunger soon (hence there were already rice bits at the side of his mouth and a half eaten fishball in his bowl ahahahahaha!! i love my dad!!).

it was great; when we all settled down i asked my mum if i could say grace for us.

she was all, 'ah you say yourself can already.' (as in, i can just say grace for my family aloud alone and no one will stop me nor bother about it. haha, she's just acting cool. cheh!)

so i grinned and started to pray for the food, for my dad to succeed and have favour at his job, 'i want health! for the family too!' interjected my mum (ahahahahaha and i thought she couldn't be bothered? XD), for my mum to have an easy job, first class honours for adrean, peace, harmony, joy and 'health! health!!' for the entire family.

then we all laughed and tucked in.

teehee. i also secretly prayed for salvation for us all too. shhh... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home