Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Friday, January 26, 2007

oh-ho you are so screwed.

there is (was?) this one security guard at melville park that tread, no, stomped, on my toes one too many times. his name is...

TERROR-NCE. (terence)

he is one rude bugger, hurling his 'eh! STOP RUNNING! STOP MAKING SO MUCH NOISE! STOP THIS/THAT/ETC!' at my kids whenever he is (was?) on duty at the clubhouse.

i always tolerated him. yes, he's rude and talks to me like i'm a 15 year old. but fine. i will not lose it in front of the kids, i promised myself that.

by the way, have you seen me in a temper before? it's quite ugly. and i say pretty nasty things. sometimes maybe vulgar, if you can push me to that limit. i do not like this temper of mine, so i hold it, and become 'nice, girly and sweet vivien'.

i guess everyone is a nicky on the outside but we all hide an inner jessica. (watched Heroes yet? hurhur.)

so i held my tongue. twice.

until that one day, when he came into the games room and shouted at everyone. 'eh! do you all know you're making a lot of noise?'

oh come on man, this is the games room. if we can't make noise here, then where? the home, where neighbours will complain? or maybe the bbq pit, where neighbours will also complain?

at first he tried to beg. giving a tortured face, he feigned, 'eh, help me la, pls. management is still here, and they already chased some kids out for making so much noise, you know. i let u use the bbq pit la, you all go there la.'

then i reasoned with him, 'yes, i understand. but it's raining, and none of the kids (there were 15 of them) have umbrellas. and i'm celebrating a birthday, so we need a floor to sit on to play games. i can't do that at the bbq pit.'

him (using 'rules of the condo' now): 'oh, and there's a new rule. you cannot have more than 4 kids in one room. so you all cannot use the room, do you know anot. go to the bbq pit la, you see, i'm so nice already, let you use there leh!'

(omg, spare me. i can use the bbq pit anytime, i don't need your permission.)

me: 'really? i wasn't informed. look, if i'd known i wouldn't have tried to bring so many kids down. just let me use this place first ok?'

by this time all the children were running around already; i was shorthanded, and nobody was controlling them. then that guard had to keep trying to chase me out. i was so freaking frazzled i wanted to hit him. if you don't want the kids to make noise, THEN STOP TALKING TO ME SO I CAN CONTROL THEM YOU MORON.

he turned nasty: 'EH LOOK! IF I LOSE MY JOB THEN HOW?? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY? JUST A SIMPLE SORRY? HUH? RIGHT? ALL YOU WILL SAY IS JUST SORRY THEN EVERYTHING IS OKAY FOR YOU RIGHT?? RIGHT???'

right there, i turned into jessica.

if the kids weren't around i'd have gone over to punch him in his smug face. the kids actually quietened down for a moment, i think they saw my face.

i couldn't even talk to that scum properly. i wanted to scream. i can't even remember what i said, only that it came out in a shaky voice. you see, my shaky voice is the 'i freaking want to tear u apart' prelude.

i hate him. i really do. and so does my kids.

and guess what? i think he's quit, because he probably knew he was in deep shit after the games room incident. leaving before he gets a lousy testimony, i think.

(oh, aileen got shit from him also. my, my. did he piss off 3 generations of female christians in less than 30 minutes. me, aileen, and dellia. and swift action we did, to make sure he got all he deserved for screaming at us the way he did.)

oh, but after he quit, i think terror-nce got a job....



here.

in changi rise.

to him: you watch out... i was nice to you only because i'm not a resident at melville park. you won't believe how satisfying it would be for me to sack you personally. and how good i'd feel writing a complain letter about you.

revenge will be sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home