Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

DANCE CAMP PART 1

wow!! it's really way above my expectations!!

first part of the day: street jazz

taught by Twinkle (i met her at the night safari that last time but i'm not sure if she remembers, heh.) AND SHE'S GREAT!

we did actual choreography and danced to 'poker face' and omg it's so fun. took awhile for me to get into the groove though - it's been ages since i last danced. man, it felt so good to swing my head and curl my body and work with the quick hand movements. mmmm. *satisfied*

second part of the day: BREAKDANCING

taught by gabriel, whom i have not met till today.

i don't like breakdancing but that doesn't mean i won't do it. we did the basic bboy step, the indian walk, and the six step WHERE YOU KNEEL ON THE FLOOR AND GO IN A FULL CIRCLE.

wah. my entire body is aching now. can die, i tell you.

last part of the day: preparing for the performance

taught by yours truly!

i love this bit the best coz we've actually made good headway and watching my girls dance and come into formations and what not looks absolutely great. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL!!!

more aching thighs and calves tmr. and i need to finish the dance by tonight.

ahhhh... long day tmr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home