Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

claire, oh claire (creepy song)

yesterday while alvin was driving me home, i heard this song playing on 90.5FM. at first, i was quite captured by the tune, and smiled as the man sang... then i began to catch snatches of the lyrics... slowly, alvin and i got creeped out.

here it is; italics are the creepy moments when our skin crawled:

Gilbert O'Sullivan - "Claire"

Claire. The moment I met you, I swear.
I felt as if something, somewhere,
had happened to me, which I couldn't see.

And then, the moment I met you, again.
I knew in my heart that we were friends.
It had to be so, it couldn't be no. (me: 'aww this song is nice dear!' *alvin nods absentmindedly*)

But try as hard as I might do, I don't know why.
You get to me in a way I can't describe.

Words mean so little when you look up and smile.
I don't care what people say, to me you're more than a child. (me to alvin: 'wait... did he just say that?' *peel ears back to listen more attentively*)

Oh Claire. Claire ...

Claire. If ever a moment so rare
was captured for all to compare.
That moment is you in all that you do.

But why in spite of our age difference do I cry. (me and alvin: OMG)
Each time I leave you I feel I could die.

Nothing means more to me than hearing you say,
"I'm going to marry you. Will you marry me, Uncle Ray!" (alvin: 'HE'S UNCLE RAY!!! UGH UGH')

Oh Claire. Claire ...

Claire, I've told you before "Don't you dare!"

"Get back into bed."
"Can't you see that it's late."
"No you can't have a drink."
"Oh alright then, but just just wait a minute."


While I, in an effort to babysit, catch up on my breath,
what there is left of it.

You can be murder at this hour of the day.
But in the morning the sun will see my lifetime away.

Oh Claire. Claire ...

Oh Claire.


---

1, 2, 3.

EEYURRRRRRRR...

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    OMG THAT IS FULL CREEPY

    *shudder*

    that song is all kinds of wrong. ew.

    anyways.
    hows the wedding plans???? :D:D:D:D:D

     
  • At Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:54:00 PM, Blogger feline said…

    hey girl!!! haven't spoken with you in AGES... you must be seriously busy (with your own wedding prep *excited*), or there's a clamp down on msn at your workplace, right?

    wedding plans are plodding along... nothing much so far. we haven't even got our dates set yet... but it's likely to the 2nd Oct. help me tell aunty patsy! i'd love to have her wonderful help! :D

    GOSH, I MISS YOU!

     
  • At Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:02:00 AM, Blogger Jade said…

    I MISS YOU TOO!!! T_T hahah yeah there's a clampdown...sigh.

    also been really busy lately looking at apartments!!!

    oh cool 2nd oct! that will be a nice time of year :D any dresses you're looking at?? :D

    haha sure thing i'll let her know when I talk to her again :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home