Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

*sad smiley* (what an oxymoron)

was walking past the TV on the way to my bedroom when i saw that the program was about sunset way... yes, my old place.

they were reporting something about HDB's restructuring plan (it was in mandarin, so rather hard to decipher the big words) and apparently sunset way's on the way to 'modernization'. pfft.

i hate change. and i really hate the idea of sunset way 'modernizing'. there were clips of some of the shops already closed down. it was so depressing. i need to go back and see the area i grew up in before everything closes, before everything is torn down, and before everything is so bright and clean and NEW it chases all the cats away. no more wet market, no more cheap haircuts.

the place where i grew up in is just going to be a piece of my memory now. just like my beloved old flat. aiyah, i wanna sob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home