Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Friday, July 21, 2006

over stretched silence.

me and farty met our prof this morning to plan for phase 2 of our project.

i think we screwed up. BIG TIME.

prof: so, what are the limitations of RT?
me: uh...

(20 seconds of uncomfortable silence - i actually started to zone out)

farty: OH! genomic DNA?

*phew* passed the first test. but suddenly...

prof: so do you do the PCR portion?
me and farty: o_O

what went through my mind: ISN'T RT = PCR??!!! oh ho i was how mistaken. and once again, i blanked out. (i'm so gonna flunk my poster presentation)

there was yet another uncomfortable silence. that dragged on. and on. and on. no words. no promptings. just a lot of staring across the table.

*draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggg*

me: uh... i don't get it...
farty: *stony silence*

it turned out that my prof was asking if we amplify the signal from RT using PCR.

oh, so desu ne.

wah lau eh can die la boo hoo hoo!

note: if you don't get all the jargon, just realize that the silence dragged on for so long, it passed into the time limit where you just look really stupid. and in front of my supervisor too! noooooo~.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home