Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Sunday, November 05, 2006

can-can's concert recital

when i stepped in, i expected to be bored. the programme was full of opera songs!

i thought to myself, 'bleh. i think i'll just wait for candice's performance (a pop song) then.'

5 minutes into the show...

*!!!PHWOAR!!

by the end of it, comparing the pop songs to the musicals to the operatic/latin songs, i absolutely loved the opera ones. my gosh, i'm actually a closet opera fan!!!

*dum dum DUMMMMM!!!!!!!!*

but of course, i only loved the ones that the singers could actually carry off.

some just fell flat.

but wow the ones that could make it, just soared on and on. the feeling was incredible.

it gave me chills up and down my spine!! all my goosepimples popped out. i felt like a plucked chicken.

i attributed my sudden love for opera to the years when i was stuck in the Crescent choir, singing weird Phantom of the Opera musicals and those old Latin songs. of course, those songs chosen were really beautiful...

but the melody for singers belonging to Alto (ME ME ME) were really tuneless. and it was so difficult to sing because we can't hear ourselves (altos have to project so much more than sopranos!! it's the low/high pitch thingie)

wah, it was a nightmare.

which also made me APPRECIATE how well those singers were doing! my goodness!!

i'm still awed. they make it seem so easy and natural but it's really shitloads of practice, working on the diaphragm.

i know i'd gladly pay to watch opera now. i hate to say this, but...

I ACTUALLY LOVE THE OPERA!!!

T_T

phantom of the opera, anyone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a review of candice's performance, of which i totally agree in! can-can! i want to go again next year!! mebbe u can join the opera ladies next year! woo hoo!

ah crap, now i'm over-excited.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home