Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Monday, November 27, 2006

the girl who's lost her motivation

i called my prof to ask if i could place his name down as a referral in my application for a particular Masters scholarship.

his answer? "sure! but i know the people handling these applications, and your CAP is really too low... it's possible that just by looking at your CAP they will chuck out the application. i need to let you know ok?"

i knew that already. but i just wanted to try anyway.

hearing his words, i was filled with regret. regret that i slacked off in 3rd year, where my only opportunity to pull up my CAP to a 2nd upper was totally wasted.

you know, when i first started uni, i told myself that i need to do well. no more regretting not studying enough when i get my grades back. no more regret viv!!

but i forgot where my drive came from. i forgot i told myself i didn't want to regret anymore.

so now, i am likely to graduate with a 2nd lower. with shitloads of regret following me.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 27, 2006 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Petey said…

    Hey you...

    This should be weird coming from the guy who's practically lost his honours, as well as the chance to graduate within 4 years, but here's a quote I wish I could call my own:

    "Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Practice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regret.
    Continue to learn.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is."
    - Mary Anne Radmacher

     

Post a Comment

<< Home