Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Monday, March 05, 2007

gingy, monkey

pushed through the gates of my place, and i saw a cat, a little one with really white paws, sitting upright and staring straight at me.

i walked over slowly... coz, well, i really love cats, and i kinda wanna play with it; don't wanna scare it away right?

i didn't recognise it at first, until i walked close enough to see more than shadows and white paws.

it was GINGY! the kitten i found drenched and mewing outside my place... and had a burnt tail. i brought it home, intending to keep her, but it was just like my primary/secondary school/jc days - my mom said no.

so i left her outside my neighbours' place. they were cat lovers, and i was hoping they'd take Gingy in. and of course, my neighbours took her in. i was so relieved and overjoyed the day i saw her winding in and out of my neighbours' grilles... but when i reached out my hand, she freaked and ran away.

extremely sadded.

oh, she's called Gingy because, well, she has ginger patches. Gingy's so pretty now... her patches were stripey when she was little, but now they are solid ginger. i knew she was gonna be twitchy and paranoid, so i walked close enough to stretch my hand out... then waited patiently (for her to come closer).

curiosity, well, made the cat sniff my hand. which of course began to sayang her; my goodness her fur coat is so silky!! wah, when she bit me for fun, i didn't even mind, even though the third bite left my hand a little numb.

HER PAWS ARE DAMN SOFT. T_T

coz she kept swatting at my hands; i'd rub the side of her neck, then she'd take a playful nibble and paw my hand at the same time to try and stop my hand from moving.

argh, she's so manja~ i cannot take it~

i sat downstairs and played with her for an hour. i really want a cat. *pout*

after awhile, the owner came along with Oscar the golden retriever (they take walks at night). he pounced on me!!! then sat at my feet when i was talking to the owner.

wah lau, but he's damn heavy la. but i forgive him for his pretty eyes.

and Gingy's name is Monkey! well, she is a little psychotic and hyper... one moment chasing invisible things in the night, the next moment squirming on the road or against the cement ledge. haha, crazy kitten.

-----------------------------------------------------

oh, teddy, the original cat fur, had disappeared for a very long time. the owner is pretty sure that he's died, most likely a hit and run. *sigh*












i miss seeing him sit at his usual spot, tanning away. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home