Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Sunday, December 14, 2008

rain rain rain

on the second day of my leave (my, my, i've been busy) i brought my girls out for some cycling.

'be careful,' warned one of the parents. 'the weather report predicted thunderstorms.'

DSCF7199

we waited for the bus for SO LONG (*waves fist at bus #12*) we decided to cab down, and rent the bikes from the big splash. unfortunately, jolie couldn't cycle so i had to sacrifice myself and share the really teeny weeny tandem bicycle with her (i wasn't tall enough for the more comfy tandem bike, boohoo.)

within 5 minutes the base of my pelvic bone felt like it was going to crack apart. with all hopes of cycling to the airport runway dashed, we made a pit stop at bedok jetty.

sara was full of accidents!!

DSCF7200

gloomy skies and the clouds were rolling in... (it's not my ISO)

DSCF7201

natalie and the twins, melissa and ashley

DSCF7212

marissa and i

DSCF7219

my heart shaped rock

DSCF7222

hahahahahahahahaha

DSCF7245

DSCF7246

and then... it started to drizzle. as we were cycling away from bedok jetty to find some shelter, we decided that cycling in the rain was pretty darn fun, so we continued...

and then it poured. sara was squealing away and her glasses were so blurred out that she crashed into a thornbush.

TWICE. *sigh*

hahaha brave little sara

DSCF7271

her bestie, jolie

DSCF7272

the girls trying to wash away all that sand

DSCF7270

camera-shy marissa

DSCF7273

natalieee

DSCF7277

the rain held up for abit, so we left our shelter after a short attempt trying to teach jolie how to cycle. AND THEN IT POURED AGAIN!!! we hid in Laguna food centre and waited it out. once it stopped we sped to macdonald's, and parked our bikes, looking like drenched idiots. thank goodness we did, because the next moment it started pouring again! gah!

macdonald's! macdonald's!

DSCF7286

DSCF7289

once the rain held up we were on our bikes again! this time, jolie grabbed hold of my camera and while i pedaled away she snapped shots from my back.

sara, who once again, crashed into muddy waters after this shot. *squeaaaaal*

DSCF7295

DSCF7304

DSCF7309

DSCF7322

after 3 hours of torturous tandem biking and hiding in and out from the thunderstorm, we arrived!!

they could hardly walk properly anymore.

DSCF7337

on my way to steal one of the girls' bikes for a quick COMFORTABLE spin. haha, yeah the speedster in me couldn't take it anymore. i grabbed one of the yellow bikes and went for a spin. i was cycling so fast the water from the front wheel flicked up to my face. acks!

DSCF7338

bloody tandem thing @$$^%#^!!

DSCF7348

we reposed at Carl's Junior. milkshake, anyone?

DSCF7357

DSCF7362

as we were walking back to take bus 12, the girls decided to have some photo fun.

but nat fell into a sandpit. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DSCF7372

here we go! :)

DSCF7377

DSCF7379

DSCF7380

DSCF7386

DSCF7388

DSCF7391

DSCF7399

arghhhhhhhh my butt.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home