Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Long Fall Back to Earth

Safe to Land, Jars of Clay

Getting tired from all this circling
Not much grace left on a broken wing
I feel the wind trying to push me down
It happens every time I get to town

I search for shelter near the mines we swept
I guess forgiveness hasn't happened yet
There are no words that I can say to you
That turn this careless sky from black to blue
So I'm asking you is it safe?

Is it safe to land?

Coz I'm not going far on an empty heart
Is it safe?
Is it safe to land?
It's the long fall back to earth is the hardest part

I'm in no weather for apologies
I need your runway lights to burn for me
And if you say that I can come around
I'll love you right, yea I won't let you down, I won't let you down
Coz I'm coming home, if these wheels touch down

I'm coming home
I'm waking you up in the middle of the night
I'm not giving up

I'm gonna stay ‘til we make it work
We're not going down even if it gets worse
We'll work it out
Yeah we'll work it out

I need your light to guide me in
Oh...
Yeah, is it safe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home