Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a slew of miracles

HUGE BACKLOG.

HUGE.

(and i'm glad... not by the backlog, but by the quantity)

---

miracle #1

it was when i first started at the new place. summary: i was thrown into the deep end, and was beginning to drown. by drown i mean about to cause my company to lose a frikkin' load of money.

i was living in fear of one particular engineer. he spoke straight up in a loud, loud voice. and has a frightening gaze. i quail when i speak to him, and drift off into jelly land when i'm no longer confident of my speech.

one day, i knew i had something really stupid to ask him which i was loathe to do, but it had to be done because i've been causing a delay by not comprehending what he needed. and it's gone into URGENT-WE-NEED-IT-NOW. but i am so gonna get shouted at like the last few times. :(((

as the fear built up slowly but surely, i started hyperventilating. thank God, i also knew i was being really stupid about it so i started praying. then i told God i will muster up the courage right after i said my amen.

'Amen.'

the doorbell rang. OMG THE ENGINEER IS HERE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?! he never comes up!

he came in and spoke to me in the nicest tone, like a father to his daughter. he explained everything, (i managed to ask my stupid question) and then ended off with a 'i'm not scolding you! don't worry, just learn.'

T_T

i thought that was the end. being able to ask my question, i was already elated.

but no, of course, our God is one who follows through.

the phone rang straight after the engineer left - some supplier's here to see me? oh wait yar it's the supplier who's giving me the wrong type of bolt i need. never mind i should go meet him anyway.

i ran down coz he'd been waiting since the engineer came in to explain the right type of bolt he needed. he passed me his sample - i was wrong and had mistaken him with someone else.

HIS BOLTS WERE THE RIGHT SORT I WAS SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW (for a month) FOR. AND HE HAS THEM IN EX-STOCK.

my entire problem, not just the stupid question, but everything was solved in a snap.

my heart was absolutely singing as i walked back to my office, clutching those lucrative samples with a dazed smile on my face.

this was also the day my faith came back, where i started to view my workplace as my battleground, AND WHERE I DECIDED I WILL EXPERIENCE VICTORY.

Amen, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home