Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

TAKE ME OUT!

no this isn't a desperate plea to save me from boredom, but it's my new favourite song! yeah, 'take me out' by franz ferdinand. i don't know why... i've loved it since it came out, but i just don't, uh, have it in my mp3 player. hmm. (yes, i'm trying not to use the word that might land me in jail.)

i love it again coz of guitar hero. yes, lame name, but the ONLY ps2 game i play coz it's not soccer/WOW/gory. it's kickass fun, with a guitar controller that looks like this:


ok so u've got all the rock anthems (like smoke on water! by deep purple! wow!) and u just play according to the colours that drop onto the screen. they correspond to the 'guitar's fret. see the 5 colour buttons on the arm? there you go. it was awesome. something like DDR really.

although i truly suck at it, i'm pretty much addicted. and i just wanna conquer 'take me out'. that's all. when the guys play it's all flair and expressions and rock star gait. alvin got so enthu he whipped the controller's wire out of the ps2. greg was pretty traumatised. here's a picture of bob (he went mad. totally.):

and this is me, all Beatles-style (that's greg - he doesn't know why i simply refuse to rock it):


er, i pretty much hitched the guitar so high it rested on my tummy and i just stood in this position all the way. it wasn't because i didn't want to bounce around and head bang, but i was waaaay too stressed trying to match my moves with the screen. i can't do it! i really would have given up if the guys hadn't egged me on. ok la, they were being really nice, coz i was so paisei to play. haha. they were like cheering me from the sofa behind. *wobbly chin*

i wanna play again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home