Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Friday, July 11, 2008

pie face

wow, i think about food all the time, really.

1. "hmm where shall we go for dinner on the 22nd of july? i feel like some ramen." upon realizing that Ohsho is closed *gasp!*, i start reading reviews on the restaurant and realize that there's an even better ramen house nearby!


Ken Noodle house:





















Picture courtesy of
hungrygowhere.com

ok set, I WANT TO EAT THERE YUM YUM :D


2. then i started to think about my birthday and turned to alvin, 'eh? weren't we gonna get some cheesecake from that hotel?'


and then i was stumped. which hotel was it? goodwood? *grimace* that's only for durian cake... maybe next year's cake ba. hurhur.


anyway, back to that elusive hotel's cheesecake.
i've tried it once when i was in JC coz one of my classmates had her boyfriend deliver it to her during school. then u know, during those JC times we were all abit siao so we started throwing the cake and smashing bits on the birthday girl's face.

oh trust me, i loved it too much to throw it anywhere except into my mouth; i just cut myself a slice and ran away from all the ruckus.

that cheesecake was
so good, i had 3 slices. and then i had to control myself or i'd behave like rachel and chandler in that fantastic cheesecake episode in Friends (i remember it coz it was hilarious, and i could sadly identify with it T_T)



so after a few searches on the food reviews over the net (the internetz iz mai best fwen. for food.)

... i found it.






















IT'S HILTON HOTEL!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! AND THEY HAVE A HIGH TEA BUFFET FOR $40 FOR ALL THE CHEESECAKE YOU CAN EAT (among other things)


wahahahahahahaha i DIG american cheesecake. omg. i can't wait coz i'm going tmr! for lunch buffet with my girlfriends!! i'd waited almost... almost...


oh crap, it's been 8 years. good grief... JC was so long ago??!?!?! *sigh*


3. among my search for cheesecake i started thinking about the elusive Key Lime Pie... not many restaurants in sg have that. so i start my search for the best KLP in singapore and these are my hits:


PS cafe - $12 a slice (good stuff, but SO EXPENSIVE, gosh!)


California Pizza Kitchen - $8.50 per slice? (i'd rather check this one out)















oh man... my stomach is gnawing itself out now, boo hoo... :(


4. i have a HUGE hankering for some dessert now. then... i found this place.


Riccioto (the Riverwalk)

oh man they all sound SO FANTASTIC.

my list of food places to sample is just growing and growing...

*nom*nom*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home