Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

sweet thursday

it was nice busying myself on thursday, making sure everyone important was going to be there, then collecting that beautiful bouquet of cream white roses...

DSCF4536

... just awaiting the moment when my dear friend would say 'yes' to her fiance.

as i was walking to take a bus down to the airport where the special event was to be surprised upon her, i was listening to Coldplay's latest album... the track Viva La Vida (which also means the celebration of life) on repeat was just the right kind of mood i was looking for!

DSCF4540

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

DSCF4544

i strode through the quiet alleys holding on to that bouquet of roses with a slight skip to my steps. i was so tempted to do a few spins as i was alone, but i held back and just smiled to myself.

DSCF4545

the song is just so full, and grand. i love it. (after realizing the lyrics, it's a lot less wedding-ish for me now, haha!)

DSCF4546

and of course, the moment was so beautiful i cried. rather embarrassing, but i am so happy for you!! bring a bucket for me at your wedding, in case i cry amidst all the joy again.

DSCF4543

congratulations aileen! *hug*

DSCF4579

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home