Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Thursday, November 27, 2008

highlights of the week

soooo...

my bangkok trip may well be ruined without refunds from tiger airways and my work is just suddenly flooding me and there's a wedding to runnnnnnn...

but first! relax! go shopping!

THE TOPSHOP SALE was such. great. therapy!! having some time to kill before going for Chiwern and Chinling's wedding rehearsal, i headed down to Vivocity with one goal - to find myself a big clutch bag. in gold.

and i am HOW BLESSED because i'm on leave today when i got notice that topshop was having a sale; 40% (!!!!!) and it's ONLY TODAY.

HURRAY!!! :DDD

i strolled in and asked the salesgirl with a conspiratory tone, 'closet therapy. still on?' the salesgirl grinned and nodded.

thing is, if you mentioned 'closet therapy' to the cashier, you get 30% + 10% off! i tried to stick to looking for just the clutch at first... but it was a lost cause. soon after strolling out from the bag and accessories area, i started to eye the dresses. i don't buy tops from topshop at all (haha, the irony) because sometimes the tops are $99 and their dresses at $129... hmmm... i'd rather get a dress.

and and and! reiterating what i squealed to alvin over the phone - i've suddenly come to realize that i'm not stumpy anymore and i actually look nice in dresses!! and topshop's dresses are super flattering on me!! *pleased*

YAY WITH A BIG Y! (erm, and an 'a' and then another 'y'.)





















i bought a simple dark green (not green like the example above) dress; $99 slashed to about $62!! which is really flattering on me without too many details... this brings my green dresses up to a total of 3 now. acks. all different shades though, christmas green (or the tkgs dress, if you will!), teal and turqoise. heeh.

and then!! i also found myself a huge ass gold clutch!! $45 after discount! XD




















and then the best thing i found and just totally fell for was this:




















looks kinda ugly and shapeless here though. never mind! :D it's really gorgeous! $80 from $129!

AND ON TUESDAY WHILE ALVIN WAS GETTING HIS HAIR CUT, I BOUGHT SHOES!!!

one pair of gold (hence the gold clutch) and one pair of black rounded-toe heels for my cutesy green dress.

ARGH THIS IS WAY TOO MUCH FUN. *delirious*

oh alvin did some shopping too! i was hoping he could get a new shirt, and might as well get one to match my outfit for the wedding, so we went straight to g2000 after i bought my heels.

gosh shopping for him is really fun. at first i was quite unnerved by how uncomfortable i was... this is not my zone man; i can't choose TIES with SHIRTS! *head explodes*

coz then you must look at the colour, pattern of the tie and the shirt and match them up and what if there're some dos and don'ts that i am ignorant of... *sobs*

but a sales assistant came to help and he was fantastic!! as he brought out the ties, we eventually picked a purple tie for alvin's light blue shirt. sounds weird, but it's not! then we wanted to take a look at how the tie would look suited up, so alvin shrugged on a nice jacket to see the effect...

and i was totally checking him out. with a slightly parted mouth.

I COULDN'T HELP IT!! his hair was just trimmed by his hairdresser (who does it well because 'she knows my head's shape!') plus the lethal combination of jacket and shirt... *sigh*

lao nua, you know? really lao nua.

anyways, he gave me his 'Magnum' when he spotted my admiring gaze. i rolled my eyes.

---

after the rehearsal i came back to do some relaxing bath time and hey! first time putting on a mask just to try, yo! :)

15min after plastering it on my face and admiring how i can still breathe with it on (hehe, i am amazed by loads of stuff) this weird cat started to caterwaul. actually i think it was just trying to scare off another cat... but cat #2 was super nonchalant while cat #1's tail was so bushy that it looked like it was being electrocuted.

i know all this because being an avid cat lover, i am also an avid cat watcher. so i stood at my bedroom window, staring... hey i know that cat! it's that bloody fat cat that purred and then bit me with a vengeance. grrr. i stood at my window, hoping that cat #2 would scratch fat cat #1 (revenge is sweet. but i really love cats!! just not those that're psychotic) when neighbours started appearing.

i continued standing at my window, waiting to see if my neighbours would chase fat cat #1 away because it was making such a strange noise (it was so loud, there was a slight echo) when i spotted my neighbours bending over and they seemed to be trying to see who i was...

OH CRAP MY MASK IS STILL ON!!!

i must have looked like some idiot from the nightmare of elm st. damn.

BUT IS OK! with the powers of g2000, topshop, novo heels and rejuvenating masks combined...

WE WILL LOOK NICE FOR THIS SATURDAY'S WEDDING!! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home