Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

everyone gets the wrong idea

FYI, these happened on separate occasions. and it's too absurd not to blog about it before i even start on my 10+ other backlogged posts.

---
occasion #1 (somewhere at the end of december)

on a telephone conversation with my brother:

me: adrean can you meet me at city hall later? i need help to carry my new guitar.
adrean: huh, why you buy so many? got how many buttons, this one?
me: ??? where got, there's only alvin's one at home what. (and what the heck did he mean by buttons??!?!)
adrean: one? there're two right?

(a few seconds later it dawns upon me he's referring to another type of 'guitar' i always play)

me: OI I'M TALKING ABOUT A REAL GUITAR LA!
adrean: OH!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

at that time, i had 3 of alvin's guitars at home; one was his classical which i borrowed for actual guitar lessons, and 2 'guitars' for the xbox.

---
occasion #2 (a few days after)

at alvin's place:

me: dear, seriously, what do you want for christmas?
alvin: i don't know.
me: TSK!! WHY!! YOU'RE SO DIFFICULT TO BUY FOR!! *starts my endless tirade of why he's hard to buy for (it's not me, it's him!!!)
alvin: (cuts me off) okok, i know. u can get me the wireless bass guitar.
me: huh. don't u have one already?
alvin: ? no what.
me: YAR! THAT BIG WOODEN PIECE!
alvin: nono! i'm talking about the new rock band guitar!! made for playing bass!!

i started laughing at how ridiculous this conversation was, juxtaposed with the one i just had with adrean.

---
occasion #3 (today)

on the way home with alvin and joshua:

me: hey dear, so we're practising guitar tomorrow right?
alvin: yar.
joshua: wah lau the two of you are guitar hero siao you know, why must plan a day to practise somemore...
alvin and i (in perfect unison and exasperation):

"IT'S A REAL GUITAR!!!"

and yar, alvin is still without a christmas present. thank you dear i love mine alotalotalotalotalot. (he gave me the real guitar, haha.)

(i think i will have a good laugh if i do get him the rock band bass he was asking for. one real, one fake. yar josh we are siao after all.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home