Cadence

(A melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution.)

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." - Psalms 52:8

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Takamine D Series (my very first one)

so! before david left i managed to get him to help me choose a guitar!

i'm a total noob that's trying to lead worship by february, so after surveying 3 men (seth, daniel and david) they all pointed me towards getting an acoustic guitar instead of a classical.

i really wanted to take photos but we were rushing around so much that i hardly had time to whip out my camera. one thing i had time for - buying food. thinking i'd be a nice friend and all, i decided to get david a bun! *pats self on back*

but alas, when i passed it to him:

david: what's this?

me: oh, thought u might be hungry so i bought an extra bun. LOOK, I'M SO NICE RIGHT WAHAHAHAHAHA.

david: wah viviaaaaaaaaaaaan. what's inside?

barely had the word 'curry' slipped out of my mouth when i gasped and clapped my hands over my mouth. david just gave the 'WHAT, YOU TRYING TO KILL ME??!?!' face.

he cannot take chili. absolutely cannot. and i'd forgotten!! so much for my kind intentions. i promise u jade, i wasn't trying to poison your man.

haha! but out of goodwill he ate it anyway, and kept glaring at me while nibbling. i think he was also tearing up at one point. heeheehee.

so we found the Takamine for $235 (plus chord book from the 70's - it's incredibly retro, and strap and bag and picks and tuner. fwah! good deal sia!) at Davis in Peninsular. but i didn't buy it coz the top string had a weird twang and buzzed, so i ordered in a new piece.

then we met alvin and hopped over to citylink (this requires another post that should be published... in a few more months) and then to city music where he got another guitar (which we had to collect for him in an hour) and promptly forgot to take his shirt and book that he left at the counter.

imagine how much i had to lug to the airport just so he could bring everything back to Australia. sigh. aunty taking bus you know...

ok that was how i found my guitar. one week later, alvin went down to peninsular with me to collect it and that was my christmas present from him!! YAY.

the giver:


the receiver:


also, guess who gave me that shirt? :)

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:21:00 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    PHWOOOOOOAAAARRR!!!!NAIS GUITS MAN~!

    i'm so coveting right now...-_- hahah

    ps. whoever gave you that shirt has incredible taste *wiggles eyebrows* muaahahah!

    so so hows the leading of the worship? I am also doing in my cell group hahah in fact I will be leading for the first time tomorrow this year. woo! :D proves challenging sometimes because I only know how to play in the key of G and E. and the rest I transpose mauahahah! play something for me! :D

     
  • At Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    oh btw, hahah its his privelege to be asked his opinion of guitar selection :D i know he is secretly very happy to feast on the curry bun hahaha :D

    for the record. i also cannot take chilli. i'm even worse than david LOL! :D

     
  • At Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    ok i am NOT stalking your blog...BUT i just noticed!!! YOUR FRINGE!!! wooo~! looks really nice! :D where did you get it cut? :D you really can pull off this style man heheh i tried once...will not try again LOL :D

     
  • At Friday, January 23, 2009 11:22:00 AM, Blogger feline said…

    wow flurry of comments. it's so you, jade ahahahahaha!

    actually i cannot do fringe too (i had a "pomelo cat" blog post, go see!) but with the right hairstylist, I MADE IT!! mighty pleased with it right now... :D:D:D

    yar and i know about your chili problem too. haha let's just hope i don't forget like i did david's.

    i can't play many songs though... only can play erm, D A G Em Bm... and a funny A note thingie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home